Kinnaur & Spiti Valley – Winter special with Snow Leopard Expedition
Winter is here and we can’t wait to explore one of the most beautiful valleys around. Making it easier to explore this heaven during the winter. The place itself is so magical that it transforms itself into a white sheet after the first snowfall of the season, so, let us show you Kinnaur and Spiti in winters. We will cover all the major places like Chitkul, Kalpa, Nako, Ki Monastery, Dhankar, Tabo, Kibber, Mudh, Pin valley, Langza, we would like you to see what these heavenly beautiful places look like during the winters. The valley gets covered under the white sheet of snow, the rivers freeze after every snowfall and adventurers wait to witness this amazing transformation.
Embark on this super thrilling journey to spot the ever-elusive snow leopard & other animal species like the Asiatic Ibex, Tibetan Wolf & Blue Sheep, that thrive in the Kibber Wildlife Sanctuary in the Spiti Valley. Sightings are made at some point on a regular basis in this area during most winters, though we must stress that the Snow Leopard remains one of the most elusive animals on the planet and sightings are not guaranteed. We have a chance to see other animals like Bharal (Blue Sheep), Ibex, Tibetan Wolf, Fox, Pika and Wooly Hare. Many of Spiti’s birds head south in winter but some stay including Himalayan Griffon, Lammergeyer, Golden Eagle, Himalayan Snowcock, Chukor Partridge and many of smaller birds such as Finches, Dippers and Accentors.
This is a fixed departure package with available date of 7th of every month for 15 nights and 16 days. Guests will have to reach Rakccham on their own via Shimla and Sangla valley (Pick-up and drop to Shimla can be arranged on request)
- Tarangire’s diverse landscapes, bird life and wildlife
- Understand the daily lives of the African inhabitants at Lake Manyara, by touring in Mto wa Mbu village. You also get to see the unusual tree-climbing lions!
- The ‘endless plains’ of Serengeti, beautiful landscape and world’s most celebrated national park with an enormous range of predators and their intended prey: see leopard, cheetah, antelope and zebra.
- Ngorongoro’s crater, a collapsed volcano spreading in some 12 miles across, with its incredible wildlife. A truly magical setting which plays host to lion and elephant, rhino, buffalo, hippo as well as many other species and bird life.
What is included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of tour price.
- All night stays
Breakfast and Dinner
All local sightseeing
Snow leopard expedition
Local transfers from place to place
What is not included in this tour?
Items that are not included in the cost of tour price.
- Expenses of a personal nature like dining in a restaurant, beverages, drinks etc.
- Tipping of drivers and staff (recommended)
- Personal gear / specialised clothing for the cold weather
- Personal accidental / life and medical insurance.
- Medical or any other emergency evacuation costs.
- Camera batteries or any other props.
- Mineral or packaged drinking water
- Costs due to factors beyond our control such as road blockage due to landslides, avalanches, bad weather etc.
- Any other services not specified above.
Day 1: Kalpa – Nako -Tabo
Day 2: Nako - Tabo
Add Itinerary Description
Day 3: Tabo - Dhankar -The high villages of Spiti. Kaza – Hikkim – Langza – Comic
Day 4: Kaza – Kibber – Gete – Tashigang / Chichim (Search for the Snow leopard)
Day 5: Kibber - Rakccham
Kailash view camps & homestays, Rakccham, Sangla & Kinnaur
Manirang Homestay, Dhankar, Spiti
Shankar Homestay, Kalpa